What All You Should Know About Hamster Breeding And Babies
If the task is done with great responsibility then we are pretty sure that breeding hamster will be a great experience for you. The experience will be filled with happiness, fun and also very rewarding in nature. But to experience this in a well defined manner you need to know the steps associated with getting this breeding done leading to birth of baby hamster. You need to plan accordingly in such a fashion so that you can offer a great life to the newly born hamsters.
To get the breeding process done you will definitely be in search of partner for your pet hamster. In such cases you can take help of animal shelters of hamsters and get one adopted partner for your hamster at home. Plan to breed hamster only when you are habituated with the processes which you need to follow to take care of them or else you will end up with a complete disaster process.
There are certain points which you need to follow for a successful breeding process:
- First decide what type of pet hamster you are looking for. You can select either a Syrian hamster or a Dwarf hamster. Be cautious while getting the breeding process done to avoid any fatal
- The color of the hamster need to be considered and accordingly the breeding need to be done
- In case you are new to this process then visit an expert breeder to learn the process
- Always select a hamster for breeding which is in good health condition, as we all know parents need to be healthy to give birth to a healthy baby.
- Breeding is an important process and need to done for every female hamster
- Similar process need to be followed which you do while welcoming a hamster for the first time in your place
- Make arrangement of 2 cages one small and one big. Keep the small cage inside the bigger one so that both mother and child can stay together.
- Bedding arrangements need to be done. Use shredded paper or you can also use hays to make the bed for hamster.
- Make arrangements for necessary accessories for everyday life of hamster which includes water bottle, food bowl, toys and treats.
- Dont run after the hamster as soon as it enters you place. Give it little bit time to stay alone and to get adjusted to this new environment.
- While breeding a Syrian hamster get the breeding done when the female hamster is on heat condition. This situation appears every 4 days.
- Continue this breeding process for at least a month.
- Place the cages of the male and female hamster together so that they can get habituated to each other and get into relationship in a normal process
- Keep Increasing the breeding time. Start it with five minutes and keep on increasing with every passing day
- Take the female away from the male once the process the done for a month.
- Wait for at least a period of 15 to 18 days for complete gestation process.
- Keep the mother separately at time of giving birth.
- Watch out the babies landing in this world.
- Let mother and you , both take care of the babies.